Mark S. Rosen, LLB, FCIRP is a Senior Vice-President of BDO Canada Limited and is the Nova Scotia Managing Partner.
Mark has over 25 years of insolvency and restructuring experience in a wide variety of industries, including food service, hospitality, manufacturing, fish processing, construction, real estate and a variety of retail business. Mark also has extensive experience with consumer debtors and has developed a large practice dealing with professionals.
During his career, Mark has been extremely active in serving both his profession and community. He is a Past President of the Nova Scotia Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Professionals (NSAIRP) and has served on the Board of Directors of the Canadian Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Professionals (CAIRP). Mark is the immediate past Chair of CAIRP’s Income Tax Task Force and a member of the National Liaison Committee involving representation from CAIRP, Canada Revenue Agency and the Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy.
Professional Designations & Education
• Fellow of the Canadian Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Professionals (FCIRP)
• Licensed Insolvency Trustee
• LLB – Dalhousie University, Halifax
• BA (Honours) – McGill University, Montreal
• CEGEF Diploma – Loyola College, Montreal
• Member – Canadian Association of Insolvency & Restructuring Professionals
• Member/Board of Directors – Nova Scotia Association of Insolvency & Restructuring Professionals
• Member – Risk Management Association
• Member – Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society
• Member – Canadian Bar Association
• Member – Insolvency Institute of Canada
Mark is a past President of the Atlantic Jewish Council and currently serves on a number of its committees. He serves as Treasurer of the Shaar Shalom Synagogue and is a member of its Executive Committee. He is an Honorary Trustee of the QEII Hospital Foundation following his service on the Board of Trustees where he was a member of the Executive Committee and chair of its Nominating Committee. On a national level, Mark currently serves on the Executive of the Canadian Jewish Federation – United Israel Appeal and presently serves as Chair of the Audit Committee